Causal Design Inc.
International Operations Analyst
Causal Design Inc. is a dynamic and growing economic consulting firm specializing in rigorous program evaluations and analysis for international development organizations worldwide. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, we empower our clients to make data-driven decisions that enhance the impact of their programs. Our evaluations are designed to provide timely and practical information to decision makers working to alleviate poverty.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented International Operations Analyst to join our team. As an International Operations Analyst at Causal Design Inc., you will play a crucial role in supporting project management, budget management and financial analysis, and business development efforts. This position requires dedication, attention to detail, and a passion for international development.
The position is based in Denver, Colorado, and may be authorized to work from a remote location within the USA. The position has the potential for international travel.
This position will support the Project Control Unit (60%) Business Development Unit (40%) under the Senior Directors of both departments, supporting business operations, business development and a diverse global, client-facing project portfolio.
Key Responsibilities: You will be responsible for the following key responsibilities and duties and other duties as assigned.
a. Operational, Financial and Project Management:
- Support and work with project teams to ensure accurate and updated project budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor staff utilization, maintain accurate and timely updates of weekly staff utilization forecasts, and track and report out on key progress metrics.
- Support monthly burn rate meetings; update financial projections and reporting.
- Collaborate closely with project teams and operational support staff on deliverables, client invoicing, and project record management.
- Support in development of guidance documents and tools that are aligned with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and assist in training material development and delivery around company policies and procedures and industry best practices on topics such as financial management, project management, procurement, and contractual compliance with USG regulations and other donor regulations.
b. Business Development:
- Coordinate and support bid and proposal efforts, taking the lead on specific administrative tasks as assigned. Includes:
- Drafting cost proposals, proposal budgets, cost narratives, and other bid-specific requirements and/or attachments.
- Collaborating with technical proposal teams to ensure all costs for technical proposals are accurately reflected in Cost Proposals
- Support pricing and cost proposal development for bids, ensuring consistency with current company rates and prices.
- Assist with filing and records management, scheduling meetings and reviews, and collecting contractual documentation and partner documentation.
- Under the guidance of Senior Directors, make updates to budget and cost templates as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Relations, International Development, or a related field of study.
- Minimum two years of work experience required, preferably in project management and implementation of USAID-funded projects or similar.
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and a strong collaborator.
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in multitasking, meeting urgent deadlines, and adapting to changing priorities.
- The ability to independently prioritize and manage workload.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent editing, and formatting skills in MS Word and Google Docs.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite applications, with advanced or expert skills in Google Sheets and MS Excel.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the FAR and/or AIDAR.
4. Our Team
Our team is passionate about innovating practical evaluation strategies and providing phenomenal support to our clients working to end poverty. We strongly prefer candidates with a background in international development project management.
This is a full-time, exempt, employee role with Causal Design. Only candidates with the authorization to work in the USA for any employer need apply. Salary range is between $50,000-$55,000 and is commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Eleven paid holidays
- 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement (QSEHRA) allowance
- Hybrid work environment, with Monday-Thursday in office and Fridays from home
To Apply: If you are passionate about international development, possess the necessary qualifications, and are ready to make a meaningful impact in the field, we encourage you to apply. Join our team at Causal Design, Inc. and be part of a dynamic environment dedicated to driving positive change through data-driven decision-making. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant supporting documents to email@example.com by the application deadline. NOTE: Please put “International Operations Analyst Application” and your first and last name in the subject line of the email. We look forward to welcoming a dedicated International Operations Analyst to our team in Denver, Colorado.
7. Equal Employment Opportunity/Fair Employment Practices
Causal Design is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions based on merit and business needs. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, or gender (which includes gender identity or gender expression), pregnancy (including childbirth or related conditions and lactation/breastfeeding), marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information,taking or requesting statutorily protected leave or other benefit, or any other characteristics protected by federal or state laws, regulations, and/or any executive order, except as allowed by law. In addition, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other protected characteristics.