Deadline to Apply: March 17, 2021 (11:55p EDT)
Applicable Term: Summer 2021 (May – August 2021)
Stipend: $500 per month
Causal Design is seeking candidates for the upcoming summer to assist with support for its Phnom Penh Cambodia office. Summer Fellows can expect to work closely with Causal Design staff to deliver remote quantitative and logistical support. In the past fellows have worked on research projects creating survey tools, managing data, using STATA to conduct econometric analysis, and shadowing project staff in quantitative and qualitative data collection. The Fellow may be expected to conduct literature reviews, draft survey tools, and clean datasets with close supervision from a mid- or senior-level economist.
Illustrative Fellowship Tasks:
- Econometric Analysis
- Creating M&E form templates
- Power Calculations
- Lead Literature Reviews
- Data Cleaning and Management
- Data Visualization
- Survey Management
- Survey Design and Coding into ODK
- Co-Author on Reports or Evaluations
- Currently pursuing a graduate degree in economics, statistics, or other relevant field.
- Competence in advanced statistical methods and analysis using Stata and/or R.
- Proven ability to turn data and research into digestible, interesting reports.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, strongly desired.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Interest in international development programming and measuring its impact
All interested and qualified candidates should email a copy of their CV and a cover letter to marlaina@CausalDesign.com by the deadline above. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.