Position: Business Development Intern
Deadline to Apply: May 10, 2021 (11:55p EDT)
Applicable Term: Summer 2021 (May – September 2021; dates flexible), Full-Time
Stipend: $1,000 per month
Location: Denver, Colorado
Causal Design is seeking candidates for the upcoming summer to assist with support for its Denver Office. The Business Development Intern can expect to work closely with Causal Design staff to deliver business development support and build their own internal capacity for understanding new business. This role is well suited for someone interested in exploring a career in International Development and gaining a better understanding of the Federal contracting space. This intern can expect to be fully integrated in our team and will have ample support from our Business Development and Operations team. This role will report directly to the Business Development Coordinator.
Illustrative Internship Tasks:
• Conducting opportunity searches to review and prioritize.
• Review Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and generate briefs for each.
• Work with the operations and business development team to develop business strategies.
• Provide proposal support, including developing resumes, reviewing for quality, editing graphics, developing capability matrices.
• Facilitate, review, and edit technical proposal writing and lead writing of non-technical proposal sections.
• Conduct capture research and intelligence gathering on potential opportunities.
• Help lead the weekly Business Development Meetings.
• Help coordinate proposal efforts with our Cambodia-based office.
• Interest in international development.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, international development, or other related field.
• Strong communication skills, including exemplary writing ability.
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
• Ability to ask for assistance when needed; willingness to learn and develop new skills.
• Very strong skills in Microsoft Word and Google Drive; preference for candidates with Adobe Suite experience.
All interested and qualified candidates should email a copy of their CV and a cover letter to recruitment@CausalDesign.com by the deadline above. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.