Causal Design Resilience Fellow
Deadline to Apply: February 17, 2020 (11:55p EST)
Applicable Term: Summer 2020 (May – August 2020)
Stipend: $500 per month
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Causal Design is seeking to fill an open position of a Cambodia-based Resilience Fellow for the duration of summer 2020. The Resilience Fellow will be responsible for the management, merging and analysis of disparate datasets stemming from extant resilience studies, as well as of publicly available demographic surveys and censuses. Concurrently, the Resilience Fellow will work with Causal Design colleagues to review relevant documentation and literature before taking a leading role in the development of a Concept Note or Proposal, building on emergent findings and themes and putting forth a precise research agenda/project that more broadly problematizes and explores resilience and associated behavior change.
Illustrative Fellowship Tasks:
• The Research Fellow will directly assist in the development of a robust dataset that combines data from myriad studies and facilitates a meta analysis.
• A broad range of exploratory statistical analyses of said dataset and report of relationships and limitations.
• A wide-ranging review of Resilience literature and state of the art of current research, and an analysis of how the original dataset and literature sync or diverge.
• Assistance in the development of either a White Paper, Concept Note or Pilot Study proposal that is designed to more thoroughly explore the gaps in current Resilience thinking, and underlying enablers or impediments.
• Currently pursuing a graduate degree in economics, statistics, or other relevant field, with expected graduation in 2020.
• Proven interest and understanding of Resilience research, practice, and challenges.
o Writing samples reflecting this interest/expertise a plus.
• Competence in advanced statistical methods, and analysis using Stata and/or R, specifically.
• Comfort with database management, including the merging, cleaning and analysis of disparate datasets.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, strongly desired.
All interested and qualified candidates should email a copy of their CV and a cover letter to info@CausalDesign.com by the deadline above. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.