Causal Design Impact Fellow
Deadline to Apply: February 17, 2020 (11:55p EST)
Applicable Term: Spring 2020 (March – June 2020)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: Washington, DC or Denver, CO
Causal Design is seeking part-time candidates to provide support to its impact evaluation practice in Washington, DC. Impact Fellows can expect to work closely with Causal Design staff to deliver on the ground quantitative and logistical support. In the past fellows have worked on research projects creating survey tools, managing data, using STATA to conduct econometric analysis, and shadowing project staff in quantitative and qualitative data collection. The Fellow may be expected to conduct literature reviews, draft survey tools, and clean datasets with close supervision from a mid- or senior-level economist. This position will be part-time through the spring semester and is intended to lead to a full-time position upon successful completion of the fellowship.
Illustrative Fellowship Tasks:
● Econometric Analysis
● Creating M&E form templates
● Power Calculations
● Lead Literature Reviews
● Data Cleaning and Management
● Data Visualization
● Survey Management
● Survey Design and Coding into ODK
● Co-Author on Reports or Evaluations
● Currently pursuing a graduate degree in economics, statistics, or other relevant field, with expected graduation in 2020.
● Competence in advanced statistical methods, and analysis using Stata and/or R, specifically.
● Proven ability to turn data and research into digestible, interesting reports.
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, strongly desired.
● Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
● Interest in international development programming and measuring its impact
All interested and qualified candidates should email a copy of their CV and a cover letter to info@CausalDesign.com by the stated deadline. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.